The G7107 army two-axle off-road vehicle started to be produced by General Motors in the fall of 1941. It was an all-wheel drive vehicle with a payload of 1.5 tons, with a metal cab and a wooden or metal body. Most of these vehicles were shipped during World War II as military aid to the Allies, with deliveries beginning in 1942. The Red Army received about 47,000 of these vehicles, and they were used both in combat units and in the rear. Some of them were captured by German army units during the fighting and used to transport goods and personnel of Wehrmacht units.