Armored vehicles Sd.Kfz.247 Ausf.B were produced by Daimler-Benz in 1941-1942. The total number of copies produced, according to various estimates, amounts to approximately 60 to 100 cars. At first, they served as a specialized headquarters armored car, and as such were often used in the reconnaissance units of the armored forces. Over time, some of these vehicles received weapons, and often these were MG 34 machine guns. The weapons were installed on the roof of the armored hull. At the same time, the headquarters radio station could be removed, thus turning the Sd.Kfz.247 Ausf.B into a multipurpose armored car. Despite its small size, the vehicle was actively used on different sectors of the fronts until the end of World War II.