WWII German Reconnaissance Plane
The Focke-Wulf Fw 189А Uhu («Eagl e Owl») was а German twin engine twin-boom three-seat tactical reconnaissance and army cooperation aircraft. lt entered Luftwaffe service in 1940, and was produced until mid 1944. ln total 845 serial aircraft were produced. Modification FW 189А-2 had а defensive armament of two MG 81Z machine guns.
Called the «Flying Еуе» of the German army, the Fw 189А was used extensively оп the Eastern Front with great success. lt s Russian nickname was «Rama » (Frame), referring to its distinctive tail booms shape.