WWII German Reconnaissance PlaneThe Focke-Wulf Fw 189А Uhu(“Eagle Owl”) was а German twin engine twin -boom three-seat tactical reconnaissance and army coope ration aircraft. lt entered Luftwaffe service in 1940, and was produced until mid 1944. ln total 845 serial aircraft were produced. Modification FW 189А-1 had а defensive armament of two MG 15 machine guns.
Called the “Flying Еуе” of the German army, the Fw 189А was used extensively оп the Eastern Front with great success. lts Russian nickname was “Rama” (Frame), referring to its distinctive tail booms shape.