WWII German Heavy Fighter
In the beginning of 30s it was appeared in the world an idea of high-speed bomber that could outstrip contemporary fighters. One of the objectifications of this conception became the twin-engine bomber Ju 88 designed by a German Junkers Flugzeug – und Motorenwerke AG company.
Since the spring of 1941 it were produced Ju 88A-4 planes with liquid-cooled Jumo 211J engines of increased power and more powerful armament.
Ju 88C-6 was the 1942 fighter version of A-4 and differed by setting one MG FF cannon with three MG 17 machine guns in the opaque nose and two MG FF in the central gondola. These aircraft were used as heavy fighters over the Atlantic and Mediterranean Sea, and also in the Eastern front in 1942 – 1943.