The main part of the German Wehrmacht autopark during WWII formed 3t cargo trucks. One of the most numerous of them was model G917T, which was produced since 1939 in German Ford plants in Cologne. This truck was equipped with V8 engine and had rear drive only.
G917T trucks were widely used in all German arms of service up to the end of war everywhere – in Polish and French campaigns, in the Soviet-German front, in North Africa, Italy. There were produced about 25000 G917T trucks all in all in 1939-1941 in German plants.