US military truck
The Studebaker US6 three-axle truck was launched by the Studebaker Corporation in 1941, and in 1943, REO Motor Car also joined the production. In total, about 200,000 vehicles of thirteen modifications were produced. The car had a robust design and a large payload. Its 94 hp Hercules JXD 6-cylinder engine provided the Studebaker US6 with high off-road performance. Most of these trucks were used by US allies, but a certain number were also used by the US armed forces. For example, Studebaker US6s were used by the US Army Corps of Engineers, in particular, during the construction of the Alaska Highway. A small number of these trucks were used by the US Army in Europe, as part of the so-called reverse lend-lease, when a certain amount of equipment transferred to the allies was returned to the US for various reasons. There are also cases of Studebaker US6 being used by the US armed forces in the Far East.