WWII German Army Truck
The main part of the German Wehrmacht autopark during WWII formed 3t cargo trucks. One of the most numerous of them was KHD S3000, which was produced since 1940 in Klöckner-Humboldt-Deutz (before 1938 and after 1945 – Magirus) plant in Ulm. This truck was equipped with 4 cyl. Deutz Diesel engine and had rear drive only.
KHD S3000 trucks were widely used in all German arms of service up to the end of war everywhere – in the Soviet-German front, in North Africa, Italy, France. In off-road condition not-all-drive vehicles showed low cross-country capability, so a big number of KHD S3000 were produced as Maultier half-track vehicles.
There were produced 10684 KHD S3000 trucks all in all in 1940-1944.