The three-axle off-road passenger car G4 (W31) was designed by Daimler-Benz in 1934. This car had 8-cylinder engine of 100 (later 110) hp and 6 passenger seats. The car was intended for the German army but it appeared very expansive and too complicated for the mass production. There were produced only 72 G4 cars up to the 1939. Some of them were used as staff cars (Kfz.21) by high commanders of Wehrmacht and Luftwaffe.