WWII German Truck
The V3000S belonged to a widespread part of the Wehrmacht truck fleet with a payload of 3 tons. The 95-hp V8 gasoline-powered truck was assembled at Ford’s Cologne plant in 1941 and production continued until May 1945. It was used by all branches of Germany military forces – the Army, Air Force and Navy. Cooling of the V8 engines was quite problematic, so later versions were fitted with additional hood openings and a larger radiator. Subsequently, V3000S trucks were produced with various simplifications. Initially, in order to save sheet metal, the shape of the wheel wings was changed, and from about 1943 onwards, the so-called single cabin – ‘Einheitsfahrerhaus’ – began to be installed on them. It was made using pressed wood and made it possible to simplify and reduce production costs. Cars with such cabs were widely used in the Wehrmacht until the end of the war.