WWII German Truck
The V3000S with a 95 hp V8 gasoline engine was launched at the Ford plant in Cologne in 1941. Production continued until the end of World War II, with a total production run of more than 25,000 vehicles. This truck was used by the German army, air force and navy. The vehicle had only rear-wheel drive, so it had insufficient off-road capability. To solve this problem, about 14,000 of these trucks were produced in the Maultier semi-tracked version, designated V3000S/SSM. Along with the tracks, the Maultier was also equipped with brake levers, which allowed the truck to turn on the spot like a tank. Starting in 1943, simplified cabs (‘Einheitsfahrerhaus’) were installed on Wehrmacht trucks to simplify and reduce the cost of production. In turn, the V3000S/SSM Maultier semi-tracked trucks were equipped with such cabs.